Thursday, June 23, 2011

Survival 101 - Intro

Last weekend my sister started talking about TEOTWAWKI.  Though I don't particularly live in fear of doomsday and or heed doomsday predictions, it dawned on me that although I have some basic survival skills and knowledge, I would not be able to survive in a post-apocalypse or major crisis without receiving significant aid.

Thus the birth of "The Esteveban Files". In the beginning this blog will mostly be covering the 'Survival' and 'Preparedness' labels since that's a bit more important than rants and ravings and posts about food (unless we're talking freeze dried and preserving).  Don't worry, I do have many of other non-gloomy topics to write about; just let me feel a bit more safe before actually getting there.

In the end, I think we can agree that it's best to be somewhat prepared, than not at all.

2 comments:

  1. if all hell is breaking loose make it to my house, you can man one of my guns, we have a generator and a RODI water filter. We'll pillage one of the local walmarts/jewels/sam's for food and ammo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do need to add your UTM coordinates to a map with routes to your place. It's on my list of things to do. :D

    ReplyDelete